Wednesday, June 18, 2014

pre-baby bucket list


I'm only two weeks from my due date, which means this baby could come any day. It's weird having no idea whether he'll come in one week or in three. I feel different every day. Some days I feel excited and energetic; I do a bunch of things around the house or run errands with Aaron to get ready. Other days I feel nauseated, exhausted, and ready to have this baby already. It's hard still feeling nauseous this late in the game, and I cannot wait for the sickness to go away. I want to feel like myself again. Sleep deprivation I can do. I'm already doing it. Nausea, vomiting, and sleep deprivation for months on end is practically intolerable.


Because we've had such a long list of unfun things to get done, I decided to make a little bucket list of "fun" things to do to keep my mind of the waiting game. I made it at 36 weeks with the intention of putting 30 items on the list (one for each remaining day). Um, yeah... I couldn't think of 30 items. But here are a few we've done so far:

1. Go out for ice cream (Little Man). I think we'll have to repeat this one; this place has some seriously fancy flavors. I got banana pudding and black cherry with marshmallow and brownie chunks. Aaron got Mexican chocolate and salted Oreo. The view of downtown coupled with the live music make for an experience in itself.
2. Go for sushi (don't worry, I didn't eat anything raw). A little while after we went for sushi, Aaron decided to have a go at making it. It was delicious! I can't wait to be able to eat raw salmon again.
3. Hang out in the backyard (I do this everyday)
4. Watch Orange is the New Black
5. Take a walk around the lake by our house (need to get more exercise in, but it' s hard these days)
6. Bake something good. I used to enjoy baking... Aaron baked banana bread. Maybe that counts.
7. Begin a new book. I'm teaching Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto next year.
8. Go swimming in a pool

I know these are just little things (not very exciting), but such is the life of a super pregnant woman. Doing my best to enjoy the little things in life, especially right now.






We went over to Joe and Kathryn's on Father's Day. They made some delicious food, and it was really nice to get out of the house. Plus, their kids adore Aaron. As soon as we walked into the backyard, Oliver started yelling on repeat (staring directly at Aaron), "Who wants to play soccer?! Who wants to play soccer?! Who wants to play soccer?!"

Kids love my husband. I think that's a good sign.


3 comments:

  1. Definitely a good pre-baby bucket list...it's the small things which are the most important. I remember everyone telling me to make the most of sleeping in those last few weeks but I was sleeping so badly due to being so uncomfortable by then that I honestly slept better once he actually arrived! I say make the most of making yourself look pretty, doing your hair, putting make-up on and having time to pamper yourself a little. Get a mani/pedi and just chill out. Hope these last few weeks are as lovely as can be for you :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to what you said about people saying, "Sleep while you still can!" I'm lucky if I get more than 4 hours of sleep right now.
    I think a pedicure is definitely in order as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I agree with Kate that forget about trying to enjoy sleep. It didn't happen for me either. But I like the idea of pampering yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! If you've asked me a question, I'm likely to reply here in the comment section.