Monday, February 18, 2013

a little reminder


I'm not ready for this long weekend to be over. My friend, Michelle, came to visit, which was a nice excuse to forget about school and all of my responsibilities and just hang out. We did some shopping on South Broadway Saturday afternoon and went to dinner with friends on Saturday and on Sunday. Michael and Elena were also in town for the long weekend, so we had a fun dinner out with them as well.

Best of all, I got a new nephew yesterday! I haven't met him, but I love him so much already. He's got a head full of hair, he looks just like Scott, and we've been waiting for him for so long.

Lately, I feel like I've been so busy, stressed, and preoccupied with school that I've been more focused on the things that give me anxiety and less focused on the things that make me happy and matter most in life. This weekend was a really good reminder that there is more to life than work, that I have people in my life I love, and that the stress is only temporary.

2 comments:

  1. That is great that Michelle visited! She is awesome. Miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa McCarthyJune 6, 2013 at 6:23 AM

    Love your friendship and you michelle`s white top looks cool.

    Melissa
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/adidas-golf/index.htm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! If you've asked me a question, I'm likely to reply here in the comment section.