Thursday, January 24, 2013

a movie and other random stuff


Over the long weekend Aaron and I watched Beasts of the Southern Wild. It was absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. I noticed some connections to Their Eyes Were Watching God, which I'll be teaching later this semester, and am hoping I can find a way to tie in the movie to my unit. You have to go see this movie. Hushpuppy will inspire you.

In other news, I've got a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months, including an upcoming visit from Michelle, my college bestie. School is keeping me busy, as always, but I love what I do so I cannot complain. I'm reading another graphic novel- this one is called, Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic. It's depressing. I am pretty sure I got a concussion on Sunday while snowboarding, which happened after I became sick on the mountain. Time to get a helmet. We had nice weather last week, which got me excited for summer-- bike rides, road trips, and the ocean. Happy Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it was so moving. there were some parts where tears were just streaming down my face. i also thought the music and cinematography were beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to see that movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. watch it this weekend. probably not appropriate for miller though.

      Delete
  3. A concussion!? How did you get sick? You need to be a mom of boys, with all their injuries and chaos. Just hearing about these things freaks me out. My poor son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really looking forward to seeing this film. I only just heard about on an NPR show; they were interviewing the two leads, neither of whom had any acting experience prior to that film. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you have netflix? get it NOW. it made me cry like a little baby.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! If you've asked me a question, I'm likely to reply here in the comment section.